2017 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coins
As low as $59.99 over spot!
The 2017 1 oz Gold American Eagle is now available from the United States Mint. The Gold American Eagle series are the most popular gold coins available from the United States Mint. They are known worldwide for their historic design based on Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ 1907 $20 Gold Double Eagle. The American Gold Eagle coins provide strong bullion investment appeal, while the Proof Gold Eagles offer highly desired collector value.
The American Gold Eagles are composed of 91.67% Gold from USA origin, which is alloyed with a small amount of Copper (5.33%) and Silver (3%) in order to create a more durable finish to the coin. The US Mint produces the American Gold Eagle in two forms, Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) and Proof. The most popular way to purchase the coin by bullion investors is in the Brilliant Uncirculated form, whereas the Proof finish is often sought after by collectors.
All forms of the American Gold Eagle coins are IRA Approved, and we recommend the BU form for your IRA. There is no need to pay the additional premium for the Proof coins in your precious metals IRA.
- Year 2017
- Mint at West Point, NY
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight
- Obverse: Lady Liberty walking with the sun’s rays shining
- Reverse: A bald eagle carrying an olive branch to the female in their nest
- Single coins are shipped in plastic flips
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in mint tubes
- Multiples of 500 are packaged in “Monster Boxes”
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.